Bosch IoT Suite for Asset Communication
Large-scale ingestion of telemetry data and remote asset control
Pre-configured service package comprising Bosch IoT Hub and Bosch IoT Things
Easy start into telemetry and command & control use cases
What is Bosch IoT Suite for Asset Communication?
In today’s digital world, many IoT applications focus on processing the data generated by connected devices. This telemetry data is used for a wide range of IoT use cases, such as remote monitoring, presence detection, and sensor tracking. In addition to this device-to-cloud communication, more and more IoT use cases also require changing the configuration of devices and triggering actions on devices (command & control).
Bosch IoT Suite for Asset Communication is a service package dedicated to support the scalable and secure ingestion of large volumes of sensor and asset data, and supports the remote control of your assets. This package comprises the Bosch IoT Hub – which takes care of device connectivity at the large scale – and Bosch IoT Things – which manages the digital representation (digital twins) of your physical devices.
Thanks to its pre-configured character, the service package provides one endpoint for device provisioning.
- Device registration via Bosch IoT Hub: One-time registration of each device via the Bosch IoT Suite’s central device provisioning API.
- Digital twins stored in Bosch IoT Things: Keep up with the latest known state of your connected devices.
- Remote device control: Ability to remotely control your devices by setting configuration properties that are transmitted to them, or by remote invocation of device operations.
- Pre-configured: Persistent connection between Bosch IoT Hub and Bosch IoT Things. Thus, solution developers do not have to individually configure the Bosch IoT Suite services provided with this service package.
- Authorization management: Unified authorization by Suite OAuth tokens (JWT issued by our Suite OAuth infrastructure).
- Open source foundation: Bosch IoT Suite for Asset Communication is based on and powered by the Eclipse Hono and Eclipse Ditto open source projects.
- Related Bosch IoT Suite services: Bosch IoT Suite for Asset Communication comprises Bosch IoT Hub and Bosch IoT Things. The service package can be used in conjunction with Bosch IoT Insights for data management and with Bosch IoT Rollouts to manage software updates.
- Available on: Bosch IoT Suite for Asset Communication runs on Amazon Web Services in a Beta version for evaluation purposes.
Service plans at a glance
Bosch IoT Suite for Asset Communication is currently available as a free plan for evaluation purposes (Beta version).