Authentication and authorization management for IoT applications
Reliably managing multiple users and permissions
Role-based access control and multi-tenancy
What is Bosch IoT Permissions?
Bosch IoT Permissions enables the independent management of users, groups, roles, applications, and tenants – including authentication and authorization. At the same time, operators and companies are fully empowered to manage and monitor all relevant actions and permission allocations in accordance with compliance requirements.
The permissions are derived from the user’s roles and the group membership. The decisions to grant access to specific functions are based on the roles that individual users perform as a part of an organization. The access management model facilitates comprehensive access control over multiple applications and tenants. Hierarchical groups, default roles, and custom role definitions are provided for this purpose. This reduces the risk of administrative errors and consequently the cost of secure user administration. The service provides a RESTful HTTP API, an administrative user interface and Java client libraries.
Key features of Bosch IoT Permissions
- User management: Manage user accounts for your application via various basic and custom user properties.
- Authorization management: Set permissions and create sets of permissions by defining application roles, which you can directly grant to users or user groups.
- Tenant management: Applying the multi-tenancy principle ensures that each tenant’s data and services remain strictly separate.
- Related Bosch IoT Suite services: Bosch IoT Permissions can manage all users, groups, roles, applications, and tenants for IoT applications using the set of Bosch IoT Suite services.
- Available on: Bosch IoT Permissions is available as a fully managed, shared cloud service in the Bosch IoT Cloud. Users can also subscribe to the service via the AWS Marketplace.
Service plans at a glance
Bosch IoT Permissions is available as a free plan for evaluation purposes, a starter plan for smaller entry-level scenarios and a standard plan that supports multi-tenancy and pay-as-you-grow scenarios.