Device management and monitoring for IoT
Remotely managing various classes of gateways and devices
Based on open standards (OSGi) and open APIs
What is the Bosch IoT Remote Manager?
The Bosch IoT Remote Manager provides you with a proven and feature-rich solution to address device management throughout the device life cycle. It supports multiple device management protocols out-of-the-box and various classes of gateways and devices. The Bosch IoT Remote Manager can be used as a fully managed cloud service in different cloud environments or deployed on premise.
The Bosch IoT Remote Manager enables support engineers and device administrators of device manufacturers and service providers to perform centralized remote maintenance of the IoT devices deployed in the field. It provides rich GUI, API and scripting tools, through which technical users and third-party applications can perform the following operations:
- Remote configuration of the devices
- Software and firmware updates
- Device monitoring
- Diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Backup & recovery of the device configuration
Key features of the Bosch IoT Remote Manager
- Supported management protocols: MQTT, TR-069, OMA-DM, OMA LwM2M, REST/HTTP
- Gateway connectivity: Gateway Software Protocol (proprietary protocol), HTTPS
- Remote device management: Enables users to see the status and control the state of devices.
- TR-069 ACS functionality: Provides TR-069 ACS (Auto Configuration Server) functionality used by telecommunication providers.
- Extensible: Open for implementation of additional management protocols, business logic extensions and user interfaces.
- Remote access: Provides remote access for apps and application servers to gateways and devices.
- Easy integration: Integrates with existing management systems via an extensive set of APIs: Java, OSGi, web services (REST).
- Supported industry standards: The Bosch IoT Remote Manager is compliant with the OSGi specifications. This industry standard defines a Java-based modular software architecture that follows the principles of a service-oriented architecture (SOA). Its modular structure streamlines the process of developing, maintaining and updating IoT applications.
- Related Bosch IoT Suite services: In order to provide you with a seamless edge-to-cloud solution for building your IoT project, you can combine the Bosch IoT Remote Manager with the proven Bosch IoT Gateway Software. For data management and analytics, Bosch IoT Insights and Bosch IoT Analytics can also be used with the Bosch IoT Remote Manager.
- Available on: The Bosch IoT Remote Manager is available as a fully managed, shared service on the Bosch IoT Cloud or Amazon Web Services. In addition, the Bosch IoT Remote Manager can also be deployed on Microsoft Azure, Huawei Cloud, or on-prem.
Service plans at a glance
Bosch IoT Remote Manager is available as a free plan for evaluation purposes, a starter plan for proof of concepts and a premium plan that also supports pay-as-you-grow scenarios. In addition, you can operate the Bosch IoT Manager on your own. For this purpose, you are welcome to register for a free trial license or contact our sales team.
|Management console (UI)|
|History data||Max. 5,000 samples||Max. 100,000 samples||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Number of devices/gateways||Max. 3||Max. 20||TBD||TBD|
|Custom backend components||With support of service team|
|Remote management protocols|
|Certificate based gateway authentication|
|Device data updates||10,000||500,000||50,000,000||Unlimited|
|Dedicated server instances (1GB RAM each)||Shared||Shared||3||Unlimited|
|Additional capacity with a ‘pay-as-you-grow’ pricing||Not supported|
|Included support plan||Community-based support||Basic support||Basic support||Support plans available separately|
|Premium support (optional)||Support plans available separately|
|Subscribe||Subscribe via AWS Marketplace||Contact Us||Contact Us|